Senior Manager - Strategy and Operations, Independent Agencies
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The AIA Strategy and Operations Delivery Manager is responsible for managing and contributing to a wide range of projects and programs that include, but are not limited to: quality process enhancements & governance, highly complex, enterprise level projects/programs and portfolio oversight. This individual provides implementation direction for a broad set of projects/programs and acts as the main liaison with technology. Exhibits broader influence on peers, broader team and outside stakeholders and contributes heavily to the implementation strategy of initiatives.
- Lead and manage a team of subject matter experts & project managers, including capacity planning, project assignments, project escalation needs, professional development assistance, team staffing, and leadership
- Define and execute AIA Strategy and Operations procedures and governance
- Heavy interaction with AIA senior leadership as well as senior leadership across Allstate Brand Distribution
- Act as delivery lead for large scale, complex cross-AOR projects or programs
- Act as liaison with technology for assigned projects and portfolios, identifying and driving resolution to issues impacting product or project quality, timely implementation of initiatives and/or quality of initiatives
- Provide support to Operations and Sales Teams as a subject matter expert on project management and operational interactions and dependencies
- Manage the portfolio/inventory of all projects with minimal support, to ensure projects are implemented on time, at or under budget and with quality
- Facilitate key meetings to communicate project results, project scope, health, issues, timelines and changes to existing process, etc.
- Provide regular reporting for assigned portfolios, making appropriate updates to reports
- Provide strategic input into technology plans for the full portfolio of work as plans are developed by AIA peers and leaders
- Leads in the soliciting and documenting annual budget requests for technology work and reporting to ATO Budget Coordinator
- Anticipate risks to business strategy and proactively identify recommendations for resolution, providing consultation and subject matter expertise necessary for senior leadership to align on decision
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; project management certification preferred
- Experience: 7+ years of experience; prior insurance experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Intermediate process management skills
- Advanced decision making skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.