Intern - Human Resources
- Career Level
- Not Specified
State Auto Insurance Companies has an exciting 10-12 week paid summer Internship within our Associate Relations (Human Resources) department located in Columbus, Ohio. The length of the internship is dependent upon class schedule, but will tentatively start on May 22nd, 2017 and end August 11th, 2017. The intern will assist with various projects, activities and events within their department and will have the opportunity to learn about many different functions of State Auto and insurance.
1. Provide clear and effective documentation to support recruiting process.
2. Support recruiting and e-recruiting efforts as needed using LinkedIn and other souring tools.
3. Effectively assist in managing the State Auto Internship Program; a. Research and connect with colleges and universities to establish solid candidate pipelines. b. Manage career fair schedule
4. Partner with Associate Advocacy Director, Communications and External Relations to create consistent messaging/materials to promote employment brand and culture in media as appropriate.
5. Establish and maintain a solid pipeline of high potential, diverse candidates through proactive market research and active community involvement (i.e career fairs, seminars, etc.)
6. Monitor prescreening calls; perform prescreening calls with assistance of recruiter.
7. Assisting the Associate Relations Business Partners with managing and maintaining data for workforce plans and reporting.
8. Prioritizing and delivering special and strategic projects as assigned.
Able to work a 37.5-hour week. Willing to participate in a variety of projects and the ability to attend business meetings and community events, which will enrich the learning experience.
Minimum Experience / Education: Earning a minimum 3.0 GPA or 2.5 GPA with active student leadership/community involvement. Opportunity is open to current college Seniors, Juniors, rising Sophomores or those continuing graduate studies. Working to obtain a degree from an accredited four year college, preferably of Business Management or Human Resources.
***Loman Education Foundation offers a financial aid program for students interested in pursuing internship opportunities outside of their geographic location: http://www.cpcusociety.org/about-us/about-society/programs-charity/cpcu-loman-education-foundation
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan. State Auto is committed to the principal of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s). State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto. In order to apply for this position, individuals must submit a copy of their current resume and a completed application (paper or online).