Intern - Risk Engineering
- Career Level
- Not Specified
State Auto Insurance Companies has an exciting 10-12 week paid summer Risk Engineering Internship located in Columbus, Ohio. The length of the internship is dependent upon class schedule, but will tentatively start on May 22nd, 2017 and end August 11th, 2017. The intern will assist with various projects, activities and events within their department and will have the opportunity to learn about many different functions of State Auto and insurance.
1. Acquire basic knowledge of Risk Engineering procedures, techniques and skills through active participation and completion of a formal training program and on-the-job exposure.
2. Enhance Risk Engineering's marketing strategies both within and outside of the enterprise. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, social media presence, technical bulletin development, and/or assistance with State Auto's internet platform.
3. Active involvement in Risk Engineering's assistance with business alignment, associate engagement, customer service, and expense management.
4. Routine evaluation and review of Risk Engineering surveys, service action plans, and recommendations for further program development.
5. Performs other duties as assigned by departmental management.
Earning a minimum 3.0 GPA or 2.5 GPA with active student leadership/community involvement. Opportunity is open to current college Seniors, Juniors, rising Sophomores or those continuing graduate studies.
Able to work a 37.5-hour week. Willing to participate in a variety of projects and the ability to attend business meetings and community events, which will enrich the learning experience.
Minimum Experience / Education: Working to obtain a degree from an accredited four year college, preferably in Occupational Safety and Health or related Engineering, Science or Risk Management fields.
No prior experience required.
Written: Good written communications skills requires for report documentation and preparation. Oral: Good oral communications skills required for interviewing, clarfiying data request, explaining recommendations and negotiations when conducting surveys.
In order to apply for this position, individuals must submit a copy of their current resume and a completed application (paper or online).
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan. State Auto is committed to the principal of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s). State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto.