Automotive Service Writer-Suffolk
- Career Level
- Not Specified
AAA Tidewater is in need of a Service Writer in our Hampton Roads area. Strong sales, computer, and auto background req. Good customer svc. skills needed. Min. 3 yrs. auto exp req. ASE Cert. Preferred. DMV Report, drug test, and criminal background check req.
1. Greets customers as they enter the Center and ensure that their repair concerns are addressed immediately.
2. Answers the telephones and address customer concerns
3. Prepares estimates and work orders using labor and estimating software
4. Assigns work to technicians according to availability and skill level
5. Assists Manager with inventory control and parts ordering
6. Assists Manager with employee scheduling
7. Assists Manager with dispute resolution
8. Serves as shop foreman at all times
Other Job Functions:
1. Assumes daily responsibilities of Manager when Manager is not present
2. Ensures that technician labor hours are recorded accurately into computer for productivity tracking
3. Closes out transactions and collects payment for goods and services as needed
4. Assists Technicians with repairs as needed and appropriate
5. Performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum 3 years experience in automotive customer service, with at least one year of repair experience.
Must have good sales, computer, and customer service skills
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE