- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Reports to the Senior Vice President, Underwriting
This individual will be responsible for selection of prospective clients and be the primary marketing representative for establishing and maintaining company relationships with assigned producers. As an Underwriter, this individual will also be responsible for service on policies written and must be able to evaluate new submissions to determine acceptability by investigation, analysis and research and be willing to take responsibility for underwriting decisions.
- Issuance of new and renewal business
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times in order to maintain our company’s good reputation for service
- Process information quickly and accurately in order to make appropriate decisions and recommendations in a responsive and timely manner
- Investigate, analyze, interpret and process information and facts relevant to the potential risks while maintaining objectivity and underwriting profitability
- Maintain company and personal privacy and security of confidential information at all times
- Flexible to work outside of normal business hours as workload dictates
- Flexible to attend business dinners and functions occurring after normal business hours
- Flexible to travel on company business including overnights stays and outside of normal business hours
- Ten years of workers’ compensation underwriting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent job experience
- Thorough knowledge of underwriting standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, Word and Excel
- Adept at managing an active work environment, multi-tasking, organization, and prioritizing
Alaska National Insurance Company is a multi-line commercial insurer servicing businesses in the western United States for over three decades. We provide businesses with financially secure protection from risk, supported by the highest quality in customized policyholder services. We offer career paths in Underwriting, Claims, Loss Control, Audit, Assigned Risk, Information Technology, Accounting and Administration. Alaska National is a financially “A” rated company with over 250 employees in Anchorage, Seattle, San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Orange County and Boise.
Alaska National Insurance Company provides a strong benefits program which includes 401(k) program, and profit sharing. We provide medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, as well as paid leave and holidays.