Compensation Senior Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Compensation Senior Consultant is responsible for managing the delivery of core compensation initiatives to internal clients by applying professional judgment, knowledge, experience and broad perspective. The individual will be responsible for implementing all aspects of compensation policies and practices including job evaluation, market pricing, competitive analysis, compliance, planning and project management. In addition, the individual will manage the development and implementation of innovative solutions that support the business unit strategy and design by applying thought leadership and their subject matter expertise. This includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication and cost. Projects may include compensation design, technology, communication and client driven initiatives. Will support the training and development of analysts in the compensation discipline and may informally manage/supervise analysts.
- Ensure internal/external understanding of the overall business unit strategies
- Play key leadership role in design of compensation practices/policies that are cost effective, competitive and attracts/retains quality employees
- Provide input and thought leadership with compensation design options and recommendations
- Monitor compensation governance protocols
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure that the business strategy is considered when designing new compensation practices, policies, processes and employee communications
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative trend data to draw conclusions to help drive business results
- Analyze and interpret compensation trends to assess and review current compensation practices
- Consult with senior leaders to monitor marketplace
- Job evaluation
- Benchmarking / market pricing
- Competitive analysis
- Annual compensation planning reporting and analytics
- Ad hoc compensation modeling and analysis
- Ensure established governance policies are understood and complied with
- Manage internal client communications, training and education related to compensation initiatives
- Respond to internal inquiries on compensation practices and policies; proactively identify client needs, when possible
- Manage business transformation initiatives with clients
- Manage, review and assess issues with compensation tool and other compensation technologies
- Independently manage escalation process (Tickets, MEFs, PCRs), ensuring proper resolution of all issues
- Identify the need for and manage the development and implementation of key technology initiatives and PCRs
- Manage relationships with internal Project Manager, HR Project Management Office (PMO) and Vendor
- Manage annual system preparation, project management and change management; proactively identify process improvements and anticipate configuration changes, based on business needs and strategic initiatives
- Serve as lead for data modeling and analysis across the compensation team
- Work with manager to develop communication strategy based on key initiatives
- Act as Project Manager for enterprise annual communications and projects
- Develop leadership communications regarding compensation initiatives, policies and practices
- Build relationship with HR Communication team
- Work with manager to develop strategy, training schedule and communications
- Develop training material
- Coordinate training schedule
- Create materials, such as FAQs and presentations
- Effectively manage vendor relationships to ensure effective delivery of services
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or related area
- 5+ years of equivalent work experience; compensation familiarity preferred
- Professional with strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software, including Excel
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced project management
- Advanced technical experience in compensation, finance or accounting
- Prior experience in managing technology platforms and developing communications preferred but not required
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Strong business writing skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving
- Intermediate understanding of HR strategies, policies and integration points
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.