Claims Service Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, on your first day of employment, we provide a competitive salary, tuition assistance, medical, vision and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
As a Claims Service Specialist, you deliver on our Good Hands® promise: to restore people's lives when the unexpected happens by compassionately delivering world class service with integrity and superior value for all stakeholders.
In this vital role, you will:
- Manage a steady volume of inbound calls to assist Allstate customers, third party carriers and other claimants and vendors in our claim process
- Leverage proprietary resources and computer applications to file new claims and bring existing claims to resolution
- Complete outbound customer contacts and follow-up claim work to bring existing claims to resolution
- Utilize critical thinking skills to discover better ways of working and resolve complex problems in a team environment
- Thrive in an inclusive team environment that encourages diversity, balance and innovation
Start Date: December 12th, 2016
Starting effective salary: $15.00 hourly / $31,200 annually (paid bi-weekly)
Training: Paid 5 week training program will include classroom and hands on training. Training schedule is Monday – Saturday from 9:15am to 6:00pm with Thursdays and Sundays off. After training is completed, the permanent shift is Monday - Saturday, shift start time could be anytime between 6:45am to 3:15pm based on office needs, with a day off during the week in lieu of the Saturday worked.
If you're up to the challenge, here are some of the qualifications you'll need to apply:
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for helping others
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills
- Bilingual candidates fluent in English and Spanish encouraged to apply
- One year of customer service experience in an office environment - preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.