Encompass Operations Customer Service Associate III
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Insurance, a subsidiary of the Allstate Corporation, is growing and we are looking for charismatic, talented individuals who thrive in a collaborative and challenging environment to join our Agency Service Center
Encompass Insurance is one of the largest personal property and casualty insurance brands sold exclusively through a network of more than 2,400 independent agents. Each of our agents are committed to delivering superior service and quality products to their discerning policyholders who have worked hard to achieve their lifestyle.
Encompass knows that you don't simply have more things to protect—you have more valuable things. That's why we specialize in protecting the things that matter most to you.
Tentative Start Date: 11/28/16
Training Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00- 4:45
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday Shifts vary between 8:00 am and 11:00 PM
The Customer Service Associate's purpose is to respond to basic telephone and written inquiries from agents; providing timely, accurate information on policy activity. This person must be extremely proficient in oral and written communications, computer skills, typing, multi-tasking, and time management
- Advise callers on personal insurance needs
- Process endowments to home and auto policies
- Explain the features and benefits of the Encompass product to callers
- Answer insurance questions, such as status of accounts, billing and coverage; in most cases during the initial phone call, in a professional manner.
- Actively listen to customer problem or question, showing interest and compassion.
- Make outgoing calls, as necessary, to notify callers of inquiry/problem resolution.
- Follow-up to make sure request is handled.
- Forward requests to appropriate area.
- Prepare the appropriate form in a clear and concise manner to expedite handling.
- Exhibit the flexibility necessary to ensure customer focused quality
- Perform other duties as assigned
- PA property and casualty license preferred but not required. (Non-licensed applicants will have to obtain license as it will be a condition of employment. Cost of the material needed to pass the test will be covered)
- Strong math skills required
- Investigation/problem solving skills
- Verbal/written/telephone communication skills
- Prior call center experience a plus
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience preferred
- Intermediate keyboarding and MS Office skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.