Vice President, Application Development
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Vice President of Application Development is responsible for the IT application strategy and development. This position also has the responsibility for business planning & budgeting. This position plays an influential role as a member of the senior IT leadership team in shaping IT strategy, making investment and priority trade-off decisions, reducing unit costs, negotiating and managing vendor contracts and improving associate talent, commitment and morale.
- Provide strategic IT leadership across multiple client functions in partnership with senior business leaders and IT managers.
- Provide strong project management and governance processes for the overall project portfolio.
- Create robust IT Roadmaps ensuring that they are well understood and serve as a dynamic tool to manage emerging requirements and projects.
- Foster a strong customer service mind-set throughout the IT team; provide thought leadership and innovative ideas in collaboration with the business partners.
- Continuously improve the Application Development and support processes.
- Identify opportunities for automation and execute plans to automate to maximize the IT development productivity.
- Meet or exceed commitments to customers by delivering quality products.
- Partner with IT colleagues to ensure reliable, efficient daily operating capabilities.
- In collaboration with senior IT colleagues ensure all Application Development projects are managed as an Enterprise portfolio and integrated with IT Architecture and IT Operations.
- Search out and bring innovative, external best practice ideas to all areas of IT, with a particular emphasis on application development methodologies.
- Ensure Application Development initiatives are well managed and deliver on expectations regarding functionality, timeliness, and cost.
- Coordinate the annual IT budgeting process for Application Development.
- Cultivate a deep bench of technical talent to deliver results and support future growth.
- Insurance Experience Required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 15 years of IT experience including leadership of an application development team.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. An MBA or other appropriate advanced degree is a plus.
- Sets and adjusts priorities effectively.
- Infuses the team with a sense of purpose and creates clear accountabilities and metrics.
- Established track record as a reliable, "go to" performer. Drives organizational initiatives beyond just delivering the IT project component.
- Removes barriers and acts with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Energizes others to excel and continuously improve.
- Seeks to understand all aspects of the business and is naturally curious.
- Uses financial and technical data to accurately diagnose business strengths and opportunities. Can pick up cues from around the organization to surface important issues. Able to simplify complex business and technical issues.
- Develops strong business partnerships and credibility with senior business leaders and IT colleagues. Ability to offer new ideas and build support for making significant changes. Asks questions and listens to gain input and insight. Fosters an open exchange of ideas. Communicates clearly and concisely.
- Understands the connections across the enterprise and looks at issues from multiple perspectives. Thinks ahead and anticipates as well as looks at downstream and cross-functional implications.
- Ability to formulate long-term plans and communicate how IT can help transform the business. Balances short and long range considerations when solving problems.
- Willingness to travel periodically, not extensively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Apply for Vice President, Application Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly