Manager, Enterprise Business Intelligence
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Manager, Enterprise Business Intelligence is responsible for delivering reporting and business intelligence solutions that provide insight into business performance, and for establishing strong information governance policies to promote and protect data quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversees enterprise reporting and business intelligence capabilities
- Understands the ecosystem of reporting and business intelligence platforms and aligns our products and tools to make sure we keep pace with industry capabilities.
- Collaborates with stakeholders throughout the company to assess and prioritize business intelligence and reporting needs.
- Delivers reporting and analytic solutions to stakeholders which provide data-driven insight into business performance, issues, and initiatives.
- Works with stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop key performance indicators and dashboards.
- Provides guidance and expertise in the development and design of the data infrastructure, with scalability, performance, and availability in mind.
- Partners with IT to manage implementation and administration of business intelligence reporting systems and tools.
- Identifies legacy reports, data sources and reporting systems which can be terminated, re-written, or converted to new technologies.
- Partners with content management team to leverage untapped sources of unstructured data.
- Establishes standards and best practices for business intelligence and reporting, and recommends improvements to maximize process efficiency and report management.
- Displays high degree of initiative, integrity, flexibility and curiosity for understanding patterns and behaviors through the use of data.
Drives information governance and data quality best practices across the organization
- Empowers the organization to take ownership of their data, reporting and analytics.
- Identifies and grooms IG governors and stewards throughout the company to be ambassadors for their teams.
- Elevates the importance and value of existing data assets and business processes into the forefront of stakeholders’ minds.
- Promotes the value of IG throughout the IT department through existing and future projects, monthly release work, and every day activities.
- Works with business owners to analyze data quality issues that impact the business, understands processes and policies that impact data quality, and makes recommendations to improve data quality.
- Investigates data issues, performs deep-dive analyses, proposes and executes solutions, and defines project requirements for issue resolution.
- Develops and operationalizes standardized data dictionaries, data catalogue, and report tracking tools.
Powers advanced analytic capabilities through Master Data Management
- Leads the development, communication, and implementation of Master Data Management policies, processes, and procedures.
- Partners with the business teams to develop and persist a gold record of our data for key business entities.
- Delivers a single view of our customers to support the CRM initiative and broader customer experience strategy.
- Works to expand master data management principles into other domains, such as employee, product, and claim.
- Builds a thorough understanding of current and desired business processes and partners with business to identify and organize existing master data assets.
- Ensures effective internal controls by leading master data impact and data quality analysis to data and technology changes.
- Understands the upstream and downstream master data impacts and applies business rules to govern data transformations.
Supervises directly a team of reporting and data analysts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree (B.A.) with applicable major from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience in similar positions. Minimum of 5 years technical and leadership experience in business intelligence, data management, data analytics, or equivalent field. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, business intelligence and reporting tools, SAP Business Objects BI tools (Webi, Crystal, Explorer, Dashboards), ETL concepts and tools, and data modeling. Familiarity with business operations in the insurance industry a plus. Must possess effective consulting, facilitation and presentation skills and ability to influence others. Ability to multi-task and program manage multiple asks effectively.