Systems Administrator - Senior
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Provide escalated support for large enterprise network to include Windows servers, ESX hosts, network, back office and lines of business applications. Perform level 3 systems administration and troubleshooting for hardware and business applications in the enterprise.
- Provide escalated support for large enterprise network to include Windows servers, ESX hosts, network, back office and lines of business applications.
- Administer and troubleshoot ESXi virtualization infrastructure
- Administer and troubleshoot VCenter servers(s)
- Administer and assist troubleshoot Xen Desktop (VDI)
- Administer and troubleshoot Site Recover Manager
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux
- Monitor and provide recommendations to ensure capacity and utilization are within defined parameters
- Identify virtualization needs and allocate proper resources.
- Patch and maintain upgraded releases on systems supported.
- Troubleshoot Dell Compellent, Data Domain,Dell blades servers, EMC VMAX
- Perform level 3 systems administration and troubleshooting for hardware and business applications in the enterprise
- Determine incident trends to address and diagnosis a problem in the infrastructure
- Maintain and administer replication and disaster recovery solutions as required
- Perform support for data migration (i.e. user mail and home directories, system upgrades, patches, etc.)
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5+ years of experience designing, planning, and implementing hardware and software virtualization (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Virtualization, LPARs). Minimum of 7+ years proven work experience in system engineering. VMware Certified Professional (VCP 5.0) a plus! 4+ year of LINUX experience. Working knowledge of networking in the following areas: routing, subnetting, TCP/IP, VPN, VLANs and network configuration and troubleshooting.Analytical and problem solving abilities. Minimum of 3+ years proven work experience in system engineering demonstrating:
- Moderate Business Knowledge – Continually learn and effectively leverage knowledge of ICW business functions and operations to support technology environments of the business.