QA Engineer, Sr
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Creates and implements requirements based test plans, test cases and test scripts for ICW Group software development initiatives. Creates and executes manual and automated regression and performance test scripts against ICW applications to ensure they meet end users’ expectations for quality.
- Responsible for developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution.
- Responsible for functional, regression, performance, stress, load, integration and system testing of new and enhancements.
- Responsible for creation and execution of functional test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Defines and tracks QA metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Documents all problems and assists in their resolution.
- Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
- Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Collects and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years experience in similar position with typically 5-7 years of IT and business experience.
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle processes.
- Knowledge and experience using automated testing tools and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of different testing methodologies and their proper application.
- Experience analyzing requirements for ambiguity and testability. Experience developing and reviewing test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to query application databases using SQL syntax.
- Experience with and knowledge of CMMI development practices and ITIL best practices a plus.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to analyze and interpret technical documentation such as software requirements, detailed designs, flow charts and database schemas.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the efforts of others and have sufficient skill and experience to resolve conflicts using effective communication and presentation skills.