- Career Level
- Not Specified
Provides technical, actuarial analyses in the areas of pricing, ratemaking, reserving, and predictive analytics. Supports and executes Company strategy as directed by the Chief Actuary.
- Prepares complex actuarial analyses requiring judgment and technical expertise for area of responsibility.
- Completes assigned analyses on time and in accordance with Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- Provides proper documentation of work product.
- Consults with business and product leaders to understand needs and ensure timely delivery of accurate Actuarial products and services.
- Works with Product Managers to develop and implement new products and expand into new markets.
- Understands how program changes and rate revisions impact marketing, policy services, claims and I/S.
- Includes other departments in rate revision and/or new product discussions as appropriate.
- Works with state insurance departments as necessary to ensure expeditious regulatory approval of Company filings.
- Manages assigned projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and within scope.
- Prepares project plans and regular status updates to management including accurate estimates of necessary resources and timelines.
- Identifies issues and recommends mitigation strategies.
- Ensures key stakeholders are identified and regularly informed of project status.
- Executes on projects to achieve business objectives.
- Assists team in developing appropriate analyses, managing to customer expectations, and delivering results.
- Provides organization and skill development for new employees.
- Reviews the work of other Analysts and Technicians to ensure consistency, precision and accuracy.
- Provides technical expertise in the design and delivery of Actuarial projects and services as well as for other corporate initiatives.
- Ensures soundness of actuarial analyses and consistency with Standards of Practice.
- Ensures that the work product supports business growth and profitability.
- Contributes to the advancement of the Actuarial Science practice at ICW Group.
- Helps to establish and promulgate best practices for actuarial analyses.
- Participates in the development of an Actuarial Manual.
- Helps provide database management and system development.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- 1 CAS exam and/or 1 year actuarial experience preferred.
- Understanding of WC or PPA products and coverages and state regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of the various private passenger automobile markets: preferred, non-standard and financial responsibility.
- Some experience modeling private passenger automobile or Workers’ Compensation lines of business.
- Knowledge of SAS programming. Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra and advanced statistical theory.
- Familiarity with Emblem Product Suite (Emblem Modeler, Classifier and Rate Assessor) a plus, but not required.Commitment to project targets and on-time delivery.
- Thorough knowledge of the statistical basis of actuarial models and ability to assess results.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as frequency and severity distributions, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
Apply for Actuarial Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly