- Career Level
- Not Specified
- Implementation and ongoing management of VMware vCloud Suite Enterprise, solutions such a vCenter Operations Manager, vCenter Site Recovery Manager and vCloud Director.
- Implementation and ongoing management of virtualization desktop infrastructure to support Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenDesktop suite of products.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth, installs new servers and maintains the server infrastructure.
- Align virtualization strategy to meet disaster recovery, recovery time objectives, recovery point objectives and service level agreements to meet all business requirements.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, applications, and storage related to ICW’s vSphere infrastructure to identify and correct operational problems.
- Responsible for participating in the creation, implementation and continual improvement of standards, processes and procedures required to deliver high quality customer service
- Provide technical solutions and guidance for internal customers.
Experience designing, planning, and implementing hardware and software virtualization (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Virtualization, LPARs).
Proven work experience in system engineering demonstrating:
- Strong Customer Service Skills – Fully identify and confirm expectations, accept responsibility of assigned projects and/or requests, including unsolicited inquiries. Maintain responsibility, while communicating status, until the customers receives their expected result or communicate to the customer the transfer of accountability to another individual
- Strong Communication Skills – Communicate timely, effectively and clearly to the appropriate audience (Customers, Management, Peers, Co-workers and Vendors).
- Strong Organizational Skills – For all work, plan, organize and prioritize tasks and activities; Timely communicate status; Identify possible conflicts or delays; Develop alternative actions to ensure work is complete.
- Strong Analytical and Troubleshooting Skills – Leverage knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies and tools to analyze and troubleshoot issues to timely resolution.
- Moderate Business Knowledge – Continually learn and effectively leverage knowledge of ICW business functions and operations to support technology environments of the business.
- Solid working knowledge of storage and networking technologies
- Solid working knowledge of scripting and automation tools such as PowerShell or Perl
VMware Certified Professional (VCP 5.0) a plus!
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Apply for Systems Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly