Business Systems Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The eDiscovery Analyst will contribute to Allstate's eDiscovery team, ensuring defensible and repeatable collection and preservation of electronically stored information (ESI). The analyst will provide excellent eDiscovery service delivery for Corporate Litigation. The analyst will facilitate collections and ensure document preservation requirements are met. They will ensure the collections and deliverables are generated in a forensically sound and systematic manner while maintaining chain of custody at all times.
• Perform as a trusted advisor to our internal customers and external counsel.
• Utilize a range of sources, systems and tools to collect and process large amounts of electronic information in all phases of an electronic review or litigation matter.
• Consult customers following new requests to tailor collections to their precise requirements.
• Locate custodian electronic documents, network shares, mailboxes, and other information from systems across Allstate's network.
• Collect and preserve electronically stored evidence and digital media using repeatable and defensible procedures, insuring chain of custody throughout the evidence lifecycle
• Deliver review material to customers and host review meeting to describe what was found, mapping findings to their original requirements.
• Manage case data, record and log findings in online case management tool.
• Maintain awareness of new eDiscovery technology, techniques and industry best practices.
• Suggest innovative solutions to improve the capability of the eDiscovery team, simplify operations, and overcome any challenges that may be encountered.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Working knowledge and familiarity with the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
• Understanding of proper evidence handling and chain of custody for digital and electronic evidence.
• Experience with Guidance Software EnCase eDiscovery.
• Good understanding of possible methods of internal and external data movement.
• Ability to navigate a complex network as part of eDiscovery research process.
• Familiarity with processes and technologies for collections from mobile device platforms.
• Understanding of enterprise email systems such as Microsoft Exchange and Google.
• Self-starter with a sense of urgency who takes ownership and responsibility for service delivery.
• Professional, clear, and concise communication to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Analytical ability, attention to detail, problem solving , and consultative skills.
• Proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and also employ a rigorous process for all follow-up / coordination activities.
• Position requires access to highly sensitive confidential material, integrity and discretion are mandatory.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in eDiscovery, computer forensics, or similar Information Security discipline.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline required.
• EnCase® Certified eDiscovery Practitioner – EnCEP (preferred)
• EnCase Certified Examiner – EnCE (preferred)
• GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst – GCFA (nice to have)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional – CISSP (nice to have)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.