At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life — and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our IT group, you'll have the opportunity to work on market-changing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Also enjoy competitive compensation, a first-class benefits package and generous relocation assistance.
The Mobile Native Apps Platform has an exciting opening for an experienced Mobile Application Developer in the Service Management Team to support and enhance Progressive's mobile native apps. While primarily focused on smart phones today, the platform is also responsible for research and development on other emerging interfaces (smart watches, TV, in-car, etc.). Currently, there are approximately 2.8M active installs of our mobile apps.
As an ideal candidate you should have experience creating, maintaining and testing iOS and Android native applications. Additionally, you should have a solid understanding of mobile application patterns such as navigation, delegation, dependency injection, object mapping, and RESTful services. You should be able to troubleshoot, maintain and develop simple solutions to complex business problems. A solid understanding of developing libraries for Android as well as static and universal libraries for iOS is critical. In lieu of native app development experience you should have a demonstrated ability and a passion to quickly learn new languages and technology.
The preferred technical skills and experiences for this role include:
· Proficient in Java, Objective-C, and Swift
· Experience implementing Object Oriented programming concepts
· Working knowledge of Android Studio to build Android applications
· Working knowledge of X-Code to build iOS applications
· Experience calling RESTful services from iOS and Android
· Familiarity with Web API
· Experience working on a Service Management TeamiOS and/or Android apps that have been released in the app store
On-call, after hours support rotation is required
This position is in our IT Applications Programmer job family
The education, skills and experience needed for success include:
· Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering) and minimum four years of related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs and applications
· In lieu of a degree, minimum of six yea2rs related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted
· In-depth knowledge of computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts in a large IT environment
· In-depth knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
· Knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards
· Knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns
· Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
· Analyzes data from various sources to determine next steps
· Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
· Ability to coach and help others learn knowledge or skills in a specific area
· Listening, verbal and written communications skills
· Uses a variety of techniques to demonstrate product expectations and prevent production problems
· Uses a variety of techniques to stay current with common software development concepts and tools for solving technical problems
· Gainshare bonus program of up to 30% of base salary. Gainshare is a bonus program given to all employees based on company profitability
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life) and a 401k plan
· Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
· Award winning, inclusive environment with Employee Resource Groups
· Flexible shifts, casual dress, and great corporate culture
· Child care subsidy
· On-site clinical care and fitness center
Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio available; learn more about all Cleveland has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
Relocation assistance to Colorado available; learn more about all Colorado Springs has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaNs-OfNL6E
Showcase your unique skills and technical prowess at a company named to the CIO 100 and InformationWeek 500 lists!
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
· You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
· After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
· A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
· Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
· Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Employee Status: Regular