Underwriting Assistant, Property
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This position provides key operations and administrative support to assigned underwriting division as required to complete the underwriting process in accordance with established workflows, procedures and other company protocols. This position will partner with Underwriting in all areas in support of the quoting, binding and policy issuance process. Primary duties include policy management, renewal process handling, data file administration and customer service on accounts of increased size and complexity. The purpose of this position is to enable underwriters to focus on business production and underwriting quality while assisting in various aspects of the workflow process in conjunction with the underwriting team. Serve as a key resource and point of contact for Underwriting as well as Junior Operations staff. Other duties as described.
- Create, modify, update, and process new and existing policies, contractual documents and worksheets to reflect accurate exposures, amount of coverage, or type of insurance or other material information.
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments in support of the endorsement process
- Manage the Property receivables and work with Premium Services to resolve receivable
- Perform a renewal comparison of accounts and provide Underwriters with information relative to changes.
- Complete exposure aggregation as well CAT modeling in Exact Advantage in support of policies written
- Meet with Underwriting on a regular basis to review expiring accounts and liaise with Operations Service Center on Renewal prep process inclusive of broker solicitations, documentation, reports gathering, review of premium paid in full status and UW system accounts prep.
- Order inspections and review inspection reports.
- Handle pre renewal activities including file review and comparison, documentation of loss development from prior years, and correspondence as needed.
- Examine correspondence from assureds and/or brokers, such as original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine proper handling
- Interact with brokers to assist with follow up for underlying and subjectivities.
- Execute on authority to sign binders and endorsements when applicable.
- Act as liaison with IT for application issues, training and support
- Ensure compliance with all local regulatory requirements
- Maintain appropriate accuracy standards per agreed upon service levels.
- Travel as approved.
- Document and maintain standardized departmental procedures
- Minimum 5 years' of insurance experience
- Property insurance experience is required
- Advance MS Excel skills required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Working knowledge of ImageRight and Genuis a plus.
Apply for Underwriting Assistant, Property
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly