At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Our Commercial Auto Research & Development group is seeking a Product Analyst to be a key member of our Product Implementation team. A well-qualified candidate is intellectually curious, loves to work with data, strives for constant improvement and excels in a highly collaborative culture. This position will provide you with the foundation of our product design and factors along with the opportunity to interact with various groups in Commercial Lines including Pricing, Marketing and IT. This position will also require you to dig into data to help answer business questions as well as project work to support both existing and new product features.
Our Product Analysts are bold, innovative thinkers with uncompromised energy. Bring your analytical savvy and passion for providing quality solutions to work in a challenging, rewarding environment that welcomes and applauds Progressive thinking.
Responsibilities include product implementation, product monitoring, as well as performing ad hoc analyses for new product research. This position requires strong skills in problem solving, communication, attention to detail and the ability to work with large datasets using a variety of Business Intelligence tools. Also, a good sense of business judgment will be important in this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study (e.g., Math, Economics, Finance, Math/Actuarial Science)
- 1-3+ years of related professional experience (e.g., analytical work in a professional setting)
- Proven time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to extract, manipulate, and analyze data
- Technical aptitude and experience in data manipulation using tools such as SAS, SQL, R or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate skills in Excel including the ability to create, manipulate and formulate spreadsheets, v-look-ups, pivot tables, charts and graphing
- Intermediate MS office skills
- Solid knowledge of mainframe reporting packages
- Strong analytical skills
- Good business acumen
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable developing ad hoc queries and working with large data sets in order to answer business questions
- Programming experience
- Insurance products and rating methodology
- Experience in SAS
- Gainshare bonus of up to 24% of salary (Our annual gainshare program is a bonus program rewards all employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
- 401k plan
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement
- Award winning, supportive environment with Employee Resource Groups
- Flexible shifts, casual dress, and great corporate culture
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
How to Apply
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test. Candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Job: Business Analysis
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Highland Heights
Employee Status: Regular