Underwriter - Commercial Lines (Work From Home)
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Our client is seeking an experienced Commercial Lines Underwriter to service the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. This is a work-from-home position responsible for new business and renewals. Our client is a large, A rated, growing regional insurance carrier.
The Commercial Lines Underwriter performs functions to review, evaluate, and analyze risk coverage for commercial lines liability insurance while acquiring business that is profitable for the Company. The position services the agency force as a main contact regarding underwriting and coverage questions; meets with agents to further build a positive relationship with the agency force, and to generate additional business. The position also trains new employees and assists less experienced underwriting associates in understanding coverages and analyzing risks.
- College degree preferred but others with the right blend of experience will be considered.
- Three years of previous commercial underwriting experience with in the Property and Casualty industry.
- Continuing insurance education and obtainment of the CPCU designation is preferred.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills for dealing with other associates, agents, and other outside contacts. Also, the ability to negotiate, persuade, influence, and deal with adversarial situations is required.
Apply for Underwriter - Commercial Lines (Work From Home)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly