Business Objects Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology – a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company's size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent – is that you?
- Lead the designs of SAP Business Objects solutions to meet the information needs of the business users.
- Lead the development of SAP Business Objects Reporting solutions with Crystal Reports.
- Lead the development of SAP Business Objects Performance Management solutions with Xcelsius or Design Studio.
- Develop and/or update existing best practices for SAP Business Objects Reporting solutions.
- Develop and/or update existing best practices for SAP Business Objects Performance Management solutions.
- Lead technical reviews of SAP Business Objects solutions to make sure they align to best practices and/or provide actionable steps in order to meet best practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with business and technology departments when embedding Reporting or
- Performance Management solutions into larger enterprise solutions.
- Document and communicate technical solutions to ensure that proper & optimized techniques, queries, data standards and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- Must be capable of debugging and troubleshooting SAP Business Objects solutions.
- Design or review significant changes for purposes of incident avoidance.
- Work with the SAP Business Objects Environment Management team on upgrades projects.
- 4+ years of experience in SAP Business Objects, certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of the SAP Business Objects product suite specifically focused on QAAWS, Web Services and Business Objects Universes. Experience with Design Studio a plus.
- 1+ year of experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Strong SQL, Relational, Columnar & NoSQL databases, OLAP methodologies, Hadoop distributions awareness.
- Experience with other Data Analytics/BI tools Lumira, Webi, Crystal, BI Workspace would be a plus
- College degree or equivalent work experience; 4 plus years of related experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.