IT Manager Dev tools & Release Strategy
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Technology is looking for a hands on manager who will provide direction and leadership for the usage of development tools as well as project management, release, and defect tracking tools within Encompass technology including those within the Universal Application (UA) platform.
The leader will also be responsible for planning and executing a new release strategy for Encompass & Allstate Canada's policy administration systems to reduce product release timelines and improve overall application quality.
- Create a strategy and execute on a transition plan to migrate to new development tools across all of Encompass' applications
- Streamline the development, testing and release cycle of Interlink and Focus, two separate policy administration systems built upon a common application platform (UA)
- Manage build, test and release environments
- Add self-service capabilities
- Improve software engineering practices of build teams
- Build long-term relationships within team and among peers by creating an environment of safety and innovation
- Champions open and honest communication
- Respects confidentiality
- Leads by example with integrity
- Welcomes new ideas, learns from successes and failures
- Models and creates an environment of accountability for direct reports and peers
- Establishes vision, direction, and specific objectives for team efforts; allows freedom to accomplish objectives
- Collects staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, honest, and constructive performance feedback.
- Leads employees and influences peers through change by using one's self as an example.
Business Partner Management
- Influences direct reports, clients, service providers and peers to successfully deliver on business commitments.
- Partners with others in their organization to set and manage expectations; continually seeks opportunities to be a thought partner and increase internal business partner satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Negotiates solutions for issues that may be complex or controversial.
- 5 + years managing a technical development team of at least 5 people
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field
- 3+ years deploying large-scale software applications
- Experience managing source repository systems, integration with automated build and release cycles such as Github, Jenkins, Maven as well as other code repository and continuous integration tools
- Experience with cloud based architecture and deployment strategies
- Knowledge of the Universal Application (UA) platform build and deployment tools preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.