INV-Vendor Mgmt-Sr Cons I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
The Vendor Management Office (VMO) was developed to support Allstate Investments' engagement of third party services, maximize strategic value from the organization's vendor partners and provide visibility throughout the organization. In addition to maximizing value, obtain market insight for our vendors, strengthen relationships, monitor risks, and control the total cost of ownership.
The Performance/Process Analyst owns vendor reporting and provides regular reporting on VMO activities. The Analyst will lead the analysis, track and maintain all vendor metrics and measures along with monitoring overall vendor spend. The Analyst will track and document execution of vendor management activities, adhering and aligning to prescribed standards for reporting, resource procurement, etc. The Analyst will design, employ, monitor and continuously improve a vendor management process framework to meet the business objectives of Investments. The Analyst will drive continuous improvement of vendor management processes and systems using analytical and quantitative approaches like Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma methodologies, metrics and project management.
- Provides oversight, tools, templates and governance
- Ensure the business updates the contract in the tool
- Centralized control over contracts, including common data store visible throughout the organization
- Maintenance and oversight of the vendor management database
- Monitoring of the renewal workflow management
- Core vendor management reporting and governance
- Provide oversight including tools, templates and governance
- Establish and own core vendor management guidelines
- Ensures priority vendors (e.g., Tier 1 & 2) are evaluated annually; Facilitates, schedules, collates and reports
- Develop and maintain common vendor scorecard or leverage Sourcing & Procurement Solutions (SPS) assessment forms
- Ensure individual escalation points exist for all vendors
- Develop common incident process for vendors (both high touch/low touch) recognizing vendors have their internal processes as well
- Provide visibility into trend analysis and metrics; Incorporate problem/incident trends into annual scorecard and ensure business owns day to day execution
- Obtain economic analysis from SPS and evaluate
- Use business strategy to develop thematic strategic vendor roadmap for Investments
- Responsible to provide oversight, develop tools/templates and governance
- Establishing operational metrics (e.g., standards, governance, reporting); VMO would consolidate and provide snapshot across, responsible for setting consistency around what is measured and responsible for governance
- Provides overall spend by vendor category to VMO Portfolio Managers
- Develop and maintain reporting on new vendors, vendor onboarding/off-boarding procedures
- Develop and maintain workflow practices
- Monthly reporting of VMO activities – new vendors, contract modifications, etc.
- Maintain VMO metrics and efficiency measures
- Establish acquisition framework (Request For Proposal, Service Level Agreement, budget process)
- Govern the vendor acquisition process
- Strong attention to detail
- General business acumen
- Process acumen and process development skills
- Advanced analytical capabilities
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including a working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic communication skills - Written and Oral
- Basic facilitation skills
- Ability to handle multiple transactions on an on-going basis
- Ability to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements
- Presentation skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to rapidly process significant amounts of data accurately
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff
- Experience in Finance or Operations
- Procurement/contract experience preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.