At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Claims Adjuster –Bodily Injury
Our attorney represented bodily injury Claims Adjusters are an essential part of our team by managing the injury portion of a claim. You'll provide the support our customers' need, while ensuring claims are resolved swiftly. Developing relationships with our customers, you'll analyze and determine the extent of Progressive's liability concerning loss and damages on a claim. You'll also interview medical specialists, agents, police, medical professionals, witnesses or claimants to compile information.
Bring your strong negotiation and customer service expertise to us—help us keep our customers happy while efficiently settling claims. We'll provide some pretty cool perks in return.
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. Progressive employees also benefit from:
*Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
*Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
*Wellness program with discounts & rewards
*Earning paid time off after first two weeks and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
*Annual Gainshare bonus of up to 16% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance.
Additional duties of a Claims Adjuster – Bodily Injury:
- Decides coverage and liability issues
- Estimates cost of treatment or compensation for those injured in accidents
- Negotiates with claimants or attorneys to settle claims
Education And/Or Experience:
Education and/or experiences listed below are the minimum requirements for job entry.
*Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1 year injury claims handling experience.
*In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 2 years injury claims handling insurance experience.
Knowledge, skills/abilities listed below are the requirements needed to be proficient in the job.
* Demonstrated skills as a Claims Adjuster-Bodily Injury non-attorney represented.
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
* Ability to quickly build rapport and successfully effect settlements.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
* Effective team player.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Proficient in basic computer skills.
* Knowledge of automobile damage and mechanics of injury.
* Ability to negotiate face to face or over the phone.
Apply now to find a job you'll love!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: United States-Rhode Island-W Warwick
Employee Status: Regular