If you are interested in a challenging, rewarding internship with a leading Indiana company,Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting learning opportunity!
Our formal summer internship program offers the best development experience possible:
- Opportunities across the organization that include insurance, technology, marketing, communications and accounting
- An introduction to the company from our executive leadership team
- Real world hands on experiences working with a team of experts
- Job shadowing opportunities across the company tailored to your specific interests
- A mix of students and majors from leading Indiana universities
- An exciting series of “field trips” to gain industry experience
- Interaction with previous intern classes working at the company
- A formal capstone presentation to the executive leadership team
We are looking for a financial audit intern to assist in the examination and analysis of records concerning operating procedures.
Why Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance:
- An iconic Indiana company that has protected Hoosiers since 1934. We are a leader in auto and homeowners insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in the Hoosier state.
- An organization that values work/life balance in a collegial team focused environment.
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our ideal intern can:
- Assists with the annual risk assessment process.
- Assist with engagement scopes and objectives based on the assessed level of risk.
- Determine procedures to be applied, and performs phases of an engagement in accordance with the approved program.
- Utilize audit software to obtain and analyze data in order to form an objective opinion on the adequacy of the control environment.
- Analyze Company records to determine compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform detail testing of company controls and transactions; and analyzes data for trends.
- Make oral and written presentations to Management during and at the conclusion of an engagement, discusses results, associated risks, and proposed recommendations for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and the related control environment.
- Performs follow-up procedures and reports on the adequacy of actions taken to correct previously noted conditions.
- Pursing a bachelor's degree in accounting? Other business disciplines will be considered if additional qualifications are compensatory.
- Able to quickly acquire knowledge of auditing theory, practice and administration, computer operations and applications, business process and control procedures, and accounting principles?
- Able to develop a working knowledge of audit software for use in data extraction and analysis?
- Able to analyze and interpret complex engagement data?
- Able to work with and maintain confidential information?
- Willing to fulfill responsibilities with professional proficiency as defined in the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as published by the Institute of Internal Auditors?
- Willing to work within the guidelines of the Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance audit approach?
- Willing to travel to Company offices within the state in order to maintain effective contact with field personnel and perform engagement procedures for essential job functions?
Employer: Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Job Reference: 16-0197
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Salary: Not Specified
Categories: Premium Audit
Apply for Operational Financial Audit Internship
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly