Claim Analyst – General Liability
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
IAT has an immediate need for a General Liability Claim Analyst in our Omaha, Nebraska location. The position is responsible for the handling of claims that are moderate in scope and will determine the extent of company's liability and attempt to effect out-of-court settlement with claimant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Handles moderate exposure claims relative to Bodily Injury, based on Claim Guidelines.
- Presents case to Sr. Management for reserving, trial, direction, as required by Claim Guidelines. Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Travel as required to handle catastrophic claims, attend mediations, settlement conferences, administrative hearings and trials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience with claims or equivalent work experience
- Equivalent experience would be 6 years’ experience handling claims
- Law degree preferred
- Litigation management experience
- Partial completion of AIC, CPCU, or other similar program preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to obtain Non-resident adjuster licensing in applicable states
- Must be able to travel.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.
Apply for Claim Analyst – General Liability
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly