Claim Analyst - Cargo
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Claims department with IAT has an immediate opening for a Cargo Claims Analyst at our Naperville, IL claims center tasked with handling Motor Truck Cargo claims, primarily related to commercial trucking. Under general supervision, you will be responsible for investigating, evaluating and adjusting claims involving lost and damaged cargo. This role will determine coverage, liability, damages, salvage and subrogation all while providing a high level of customer service.
- Handles moderate exposure claims relative to Motor Truck Cargo based on Claim Guidelines. These exposures are written under Motor Truck Cargo LL & Transportation, Warehouse Legal Liability, Cargo Legal Liability and Ocean Marine coverage forms.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses salvage/subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate and timely loss and expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, liability denials and coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred with at least 2 years’ of relevant experience related to Motor Truck Cargo/Freight claims or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 6+ years of relevant claim experience.
- Preferred experience in the trucking industry
- Bilingual skills are preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.