Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as an Associate Claim Representative. The position requires the person to:
- Investigate and assemble facts, determine policy coverage, evaluate the amount of loss, analyze legal liability and pay or deny losses.
- Become familiar with insurance coverage by studying insurance policies, endorsements and forms.
- Works towards the resolution of claims, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Service the needs of agents, policyholders and others.
- Handle investigations by phone, mail and on-site investigations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Organize and interpret data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Detailed oriented
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company made up of five property and casualty companies and one life/health/annuity insurer. Established in 1916 and headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, we currently operate in 26 states. Our written premium is nearly $6 billion, and we are proud to have been ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002. Auto-Owners continues to be recognized for exceptional financial strength and stability among the nation’s largest insurers. We partner with independent agencies that sell our products and are consistently acknowledged for our superior customer service to our agents and our policyholders.
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Auto-Owners is also committed to a work/life balance and provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you’re looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, Auto-Owners is the place for you!
To apply for the position, visit our Career Center.
Apply for Entry Level Insurance Claim Representative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly