Associate Analyst-Public Asset Group
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Corporate Credit investments are an important part of Allstate Investment's overall portfolio and include: $35B of Investment Grade Corporates, $7.5B of high yield bonds, $1.5B of broadly syndicated leveraged loans, as well as two Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) managed by our team under the AIMCO name ($1.1B total AUM). We also invest in debt and equity tranches of CLOs managed by 3rd parties ($0.8B portfolio). Further, we seek to grow the AIMCO CLO platform.
This Associate Analyst is an important part of the Investment Grade and Below Investment Grade (high yield bonds and leveraged loans) analyst teams and involves following various designated industries and credits. This job involves working closely with senior analysts, developing investment themes and providing support for credit analysis and relative value recommendations. Our process is also very team-oriented, so the ability to work well within the group is critical. The ultimate goal of the research and recommendations is to help the deliver the best possible results for our clients.
- Assisting senior analysts by analyzing new deals as they come to market and opportunities in the secondary market, as well as maintaining coverage of existing names in the portfolio. This involves thoroughly reviewing related company or industry material, attending or viewing the issuer's road show presentation, meeting with management teams, discussing the company's historical financial performance and business outlook with the portfolio managers to assure that all the relevant issues are properly considered and resolved. This activity often takes place on an accelerated time frame.
- Making recommendations investment recommendations that will drive portfolio outperformance. For existing issues, this includes reviewing quarterly operating results, writing credit reports and updates, developing and updating financial models, reviewing key industry issues and competitors, monitoring changes in prices and spreads.
- Contributing to the improvement of the overall investment process by continually exploring new ideas, processes and technologies that will benefit the group.
- 2-3 years of professional work experience, Investment industry experience is a plus
- General understanding of the capital markets, quantitative methods, finance, economics and market cycles
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word. Knowledge of Bloomberg is a plus.
- Accounting/Finance or Business related degree required
- CFA preferred
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals.
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative.
- Strive for effective communication resulting in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas.
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.