Customer Service Representative
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
We seek an experienced Insurance Customer Service Representative for our Insurance Call Center. This is an excellent opportunity to become a member of the largest independent personal lines insurance agency in the Southeast. At AAA, we represent only carriers that are rated “B+” or higher by AM Best. Our financial strength and reputation for excellence comes from more than 100 years of providing high-quality products and services to our customers.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with excellent customer service skills. You will be responsible for processing endorsements, taking payments, resolving billing issues, coverage counseling and adhering to underwriting guidelines. You will respond to inbound calls from not only our policyholders but also from our AAA Insurance Agents.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provides a high level of customer-focused sales in a high volume, fast paced call center environment, using PC, Internet and ACD phone technology. Provides advanced technical and product information in response to customer questions and/or problems in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
Recognizes and promotes cross-sales opportunities within the context of servicing a change to an existing customer’s policy. Provides price quotes on all insurance products which factor in all applicable rules (underwriting, business, etc.) and discounts in an effort to complete the sale. Rewrites and reinstates insurance policies according to underwriting and business rules.
Completes membership and/or insurance applications, endorsements and change forms (e.g. address change, etc.) as necessary. Accepts payments at point of sale. Makes outbound follow-up calls to customers in response to questions or complaints.
Provides efficient processing of customer policies, endorsements, and status and coverage changes. Assists agents in resolving technical and business related issues.
- customer service environment(s)
- call center environment(s)
- windows and non-windows based environments
- preparation of rate quotations
- investigation and resolution of sales related problems
- Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Possession of current 2-20 or 20-44 Property & Casualty insurance sales license
- providing a high level of customer-focused service
- competently entering information on various screens using a PC keyboard
- navigating through a PC Windows environment, including accessing information from multiple applications.
- managing and navigating multiple sources of information and applying as needed
- Achieve insurance and membership sales goals and other performance expectations as defined by management
- Work with minimal supervision
- Provide direct customer-oriented service in a call center environment
- Work within a team environment
- Present complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Maintain accurate records
- Read, comprehend and communicate clearly and concisely in the work environment and with the public (e.g., explain instructions, rules and procedures)
- Willingness and ability to work extended/irregular hours to include weekends/holidays
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!