Customer Service Representative
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provides a high level of customer-focused sales in a high volume, fast paced call center environment, using PC, Internet and ACD phone technology. Provides advanced technical and product information in response to customer questions and/or problems in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
Recognizes and promotes cross-sales opportunities within the context of servicing a change to an existing customer’s policy. Provides price quotes on all insurance products which factor in all applicable rules (underwriting, business, etc.) and discounts in an effort to complete the sale. Rewrites and reinstates insurance policies according to underwriting and business rules. Completes membership and/or insurance applications, endorsements and change forms (e.g. address change, etc.) as necessary. Accepts payments at point of sale. Makes outbound follow-up calls to customers in response to questions or complaints.
Provides efficient processing of customer policies, endorsements, and status and coverage changes. Assists agents in resolving technical and business related issues.
- customer service environment(s)
- call center environment(s)
- windows and non-windows based environments
- preparation of rate quotations
- investigation and resolution of sales related problems
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Possession of current 440, 2-20 or 20-44 Property & Casualty insurance sales license
- providing a high level of customer-focused service
- competently entering information on various screens using a PC keyboard
- navigating through a PC Windows environment, including accessing information from multiple applications.
- managing and navigating multiple sources of information and applying as needed
- achieve insurance and membership sales goals and other performance expectations as defined by management
- work with minimal supervision
- provide direct customer-oriented service in a call center environment
- work within a team environment
- present complex information in a clear, concise manner
- maintain accurate records
- read, comprehend and communicate clearly and concisely in the work environment and with the public (e.g., explain instructions, rules and procedures)
- Willingness and ability to work extended/irregular hours to include weekends/holidays
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!