- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Responsible for handling a comprehensive book of business with all lines of health and welfare insurance and accountable for all day-to-day servicing of clients, enrollment meetings, relationship management, wellness programs, and client presentations.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the Account Manager, include but are not limited to:
- Manage client relationships and service client insurance needs
- Initiate and follow-up with customers and carriers to resolve problems, answer questions, correspondence, and reports.
- Manage annual renewal process: prepare renewal presentation to include marketing analysis, strategic planning initiatives, contribution analysis, network analysis and benchmark study
- Prepares, processes, reviews and monitors various documents such as premiums, policies, claims, applications, changes, etc.
- Knowledgeable about ACA and be able to provide client support for all compliance.
- Prepares reports, quotes, and coverage based on customer needs.
- Creates and maintains computer files and follow-up action.
- Provides advisory support and assistance to the department supervisor as needed.
- Attends seminars, meetings, or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, and regulations in the market place.
- Provides training to new employees as needed.
- All other duties pertaining to servicing accounts and/or other duties as assigned from time to time
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5+ years of Group Benefits insurance brokerage experience
- Valid MA Life, Accident and Health brokers’ license
- College degree preferred
- Agency management and benefit related application systems knowledge, preferably with Benefit point and Zywave
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite and comfort working in a paperless environment
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills
- Self-starter, professional and assertive
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, challenging work environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit, hear, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus using a computer screen.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Travel is minimal with most contact with customers by phone and correspondence. Travel to client meetings and insurance companies as needed.
Apply for Account Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly