Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Career Level
Job Summary: The Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor will be instrumental in the build out of our exciting growth initiatives. Recent and anticipated acquisitions across the US are requiring the addition to our team in Boston! The Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for all elements of carrier and broker Accounts Payable including monitoring and controls to ensure timely and accurate reconciliation, payment, formal reporting and compliance to financial policies. This position oversees a team of individuals and is responsible for their delivery of accurate, timely and efficient work-product coupled with strong customer service.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Lead, coach, develop, evaluate and monitor the insurance accounts payable team members and processes.
- Manage the agency bill disbursement processes according to financial policies.
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with payment terms.
- Ensure no cancellation notices are issued due to Accounting’s failure to remit funds to the carrier or broker in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate understanding and proficiency with insurance brokerage procedures and workflow.
- Resolve and assist team members with open items on a daily basis and in a timely manner.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting including aged payables, analysis and resolution of aged transactions.
- Serve as escalation path to internal production teams for urgent or mishandled transactions.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal production teams.
- Meet weekly Accounting Manager on the payable status/issues and recommendations of improving work flows.
- Contribute feedback to Accounting Manager for use in annual staff performance reviews.
- Analyze and research and resolve complex problems.
- Provide direct support to at least 7 staff members, as required.
- Participate in and support all related and cross-functional initiatives.
- All other duties pertaining to servicing accounts and/or other duties as assigned from time to time.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5+ years within Insurance industry.
- College degree required.
- Demonstrate working competency in utilizing agency management systems, AMS 360 a plus, as well as, and benefit related application systems, preferably with Benefit point and Zywave
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills.
- Self-starter, professional and assertive.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite and comfort working in a paperless environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit, hear, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus using a computer screen.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel is minimal with most contact with customers by phone and correspondence.
Apply for Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly