Tech Lead - QRA Transition
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Personal Lines Product (APL Product) Team is responsible for providing analytics solutions to our Pricing, Marketing and Underwriting areas. We partner with these areas in creating and sustaining profitable growth through data driven, fact-based decisions. We use advanced analytical techniques to research, design, develop and effectively utilize our products.
The Technical Lead will with work with technical and business experts to design and maintain optimal programming and environment solutions. Solutions will involve research and documenting production environments and architecture, and drive strategic planning discussions with technical, business, and client stakeholders.
The Technical Lead will oversee the other application developers and will join a team of technical professionals that work directly with the business to build and enhance scalable solutions used in the rate making process. This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic team of high energy software developers on new and exciting solutions.
- Technical Lead for QRA Transition team
- Responsible for Design and Delivery of Software Solutions
- Responsible for Technical direction of team
- Responsible for Technical ecosystem (Software, Data, Interfaces, Integration) and all Technical roadmaps
- Responsible for innovation including
- Agile/Extreme programming
- Work with technical and business experts to create and support optimal production and test environment solutions.
- Research and document production and test environments and architecture
- Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical, business, and client stakeholders
- Review programming and environment changes and raise awareness for potential impacts
- Effective and efficient utilization of programming tools
- Actively participate in product design and development meetings
- Act as liaison between technical and non-technical counterparts
- 10+ years' experience developing .Net and/or Java based solutions
- Demonstrated ability for technological strategic planning
- Ability to research and document production and test/dev environments and architecture
- Fundamental understanding of OO & SOA architectures
- Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics
- Ability to work effectively with technical and business experts
- Ability to set aligned technical direction with all stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and solve problems creatively
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders including offshore teams
- Outstanding verbal and written communicationKnowledge of Pricing analytical tools
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.