Analytics Consultant - PF - Advanced Analytics
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Analytics job family works across multiple areas to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. We recommend innovative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. The Advanced Analytics Team provides insights into the business by leveraging the power of big data to support the strategic goals of Allstate.
This position leverages advanced data analytic methods in order to provide financial insights to leadership that enable Allstate to generate profitable market share growth. This role will also begin to manage projects of low to medium complexity.
- Provide insightful, actionable analysis using knowledge of insurance and finance issues, knowing how to access and apply available data relevant to the issue, and having the ability and commitment to master software that requires training but not an advanced degree in statistics
- Understand and learn the financial drivers of business results and leverage large datasets in order to investigate and answer business questions
- Create new and innovative approaches to solving business problems
- Communicate ideas and findings in an easy to understand manner and creating actionable insights for leadership
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools and languages in order to achieve results (e.g. SAS, R, Tableau, SQL), and identifies additional languages and tools that can bring efficiencies or needed techniques to the team
- Collaborates with others in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions and ability to work independently with some oversight
- Understands the business' problems and proposes custom solutions for analyzing and solving these problems
- Communicates finding clearly and concisely to team members, leadership and stakeholders
- A minimum of 1.5 years of Financial Analysis experience in an Insurance company or Financial Services organization
- Intermediate business knowledge (i.e.; deep financial skills/flow of the numbers)
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Intermediate analytical and financial model building skills
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement - personally and with work assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word
- Hyperion Planning tool (including Essbase) experience is a plus
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.