Reinsurance Claims Senior Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Under the supervision of claim management, to perform Claim Department activities to include claim audits, and the evaluation, reserving, disposition, and payment of Treaty and Facultative Excess of Loss and Pro-rata claims
- Review and analyze Ceding Company policies and Reinsurance Contracts in order to determine coverage
- Evaluate claim facts in order to establish case reserves, additional case reserves and potential exposure reserves
- Make recommendations and establish action plans for the disposition of reported claims
- Work with internal and external resources in order to make recommendations for the resolution of reinsurance disputes
- Assist with reinsurance recoveries at every available opportunity
- Conduct Ceding Company claim audits
- Review the Ceding Company's claims, internal procedures, policy and procedure during claim audits
- Prepare claim audit reports for the purpose of informing Claim Management of audit results
- Answer inquiries, give instruction, and provide information to co-workers and Claim Management
- Assist co-workers in interpreting information, understanding and applying policy and procedure
- Organize and interpret information and make action plan recommendations
- Provide written and verbal reports to management
- Perform assigned accountabilities in accordance with established departmental guidelines to include authority levels, approvals and quality
- Utilizes computer software for the completion of assigned accountabilities
- Assist with the implementation of departmental training programs
- Contribute to the formulation of departmental policy and procedure
- Communicate with Ceding Company, Intermediaries, and other Reinsurers in order to develop claim facts and to resolve disputed issues
- Assist with the development of junior staff members
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; J.D. a plus
- 4-8 years related experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.