Regional Vice President, Specialty Excess Casualty
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Regional Manager's primary focus will be on growing and sustaining a profitable book of new and renewal, umbrella and excess business in the Central region. The accounts will range from smaller risks to more complex accounts. This position will be based in Chicago and will work specifically with wholesale brokers. The Regional Manager will also take an active role in strategic planning with the Division President to develop and implement an underwriting strategy that identifies profitable market opportunities and new product development.
- Recommend objectives and plans to achieve growth and financial profitability for segment products.
- Oversee underwriting function; evaluation, analysis and underwriting of accounts.
- Oversee program, including audit function when necessary.
- Oversee new business development.
- Maintain and develop new relationships with brokers and reinsurers where needed
- Oversee client service.
- Actively resolve and effectively communicate with clients and company staff regarding all relevant issues/concerns.
- Participate directly with Divisional President as part of the overall management of the unit
- Responsible for P&L in Central territory.
- Responsible for underwriting operations in the Central region.
- Work closely with actuarial and other departments to ensure accurate coverage and pricing.
- Ensure the use of best practices and compliance with all Company practices and policies.
- Manages, trains, coaches, and serves as a technical resource to other underwriters.
- Provides management that encourages individuals and the team to improve underwriting acumen and performance.
- Promotes the Company's products and services by actively seeking opportunities to speak at broker or insurance-related groups, and by networking within the insurance community to stay abreast of changes within the industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive relationships with wholesale brokers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of underlying ISO policies and Navigators and competitors' forms.
- BS/BA degree required; Master's degree and/or insurance designation a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in underwriting, marketing, and management of underwriting with an emphasis in excess casualty.
- High energy and positive demeanor.
- Entrepreneurial person who can work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Apply for Regional Vice President, Specialty Excess Casualty
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly