Senior Associate, Market Services (PM) #34827
- Career Level
- Not Specified
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Summary/Purpose of Position:
- The Project Manager has overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to Marketing projects.
- This position will participate in the development and implementation of tactical plans that address workflow, training, quality control, reporting, and related issues necessary to ensure marketing initiatives are successfully implemented.
- This position will also act has Systems Liaison and Marketing Disaster Coordinator representing the Marketing department.
- Provide level one support for Marketing systems access and procurement requests
Core Project Management Duties/Responsibilities:
Project Planning & Management
- Facilitate the development of the project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
- Organize consolidated plan of business activities necessary to deliver on the scope of the project
- Prepare and distribute project progress reports and other associated project communication to the operation
- Facilitate working meetings to manage progress and troubleshoot project related efforts
- Manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans
- Lead joint delivery planning with business and technical stakeholders
- Manage customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
Team Management/Team Building
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
- Leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution
- Encourage a sustainable pace with a focus on continuous improvement
- Manage relationships with support department and systems to include testing, quality control, data transmission, training and related issues.
- Facilitate requirements and develop long term design for marketing information automation.
- In conjunction with CVP and Marketing Channel Managers (MCM), identify opportunities within the Marketing Department where technology can be applied/enhanced to improve the effectiveness of the work process. Create a vision for information management within Marketing.
- Serve as Marketing Liaison with Systems Department
- Marketing Disaster Recovery Coordinator.
- May fill in gaps on project team as needed to ensure proper department coverage
- May be given authority to make project decision for the Business Owner based level of experience/knowledge
- May be expected to become a SME for the effort
- May assist with requirements definition/gathering, identify and evaluate technology solutions that address problems/opportunities
- May develop or assist with the development of support department processes/procedures
- Manage, develop and document requirements for work process improvements.
- Lead the marketing effort to define user requirements, identify and evaluate technology solutions that address problems/opportunities.
- Lead the implementation and testing of new processes and solutions from a marketing perspective.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Candidate must have project management experience including developing detailed project plan and leading cross-functional teams
- Detail and analytic orientation
- Operation background to ensure good decision making
- Strong research skills experience will include evaluating complex problems and opportunities to make recommendations and then leading a team to implement the approved plan
- The candidate must be effective ui=in managing multiple, time sensitive, high visibility priorities simultaneously and deliver results that meet or exceed expectations
- Must be capable of performing duties with limited direct supervision. Must exercise sound judgment in knowing when to ask and when to act
- Keeps the CVP Marketing Services well informed on the status of all projects. Accountable for making sure that marketing objectives are clear and communicated effectively. Ensures that approved projects meet user requirements and alerts CVP of any problems or issues that could impact implementation dates or budget.
- Interacts with internal members of the NYL/AARP team, other NYL departments, vendors
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word capabilities
- Self starter, high energy, hard working entrepreneurial attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
- Will have 3-5 years experience identifying, developing and implementing work processes that use technology to solve problems and improve workflow
- PMP Certification desired or will be obtained
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
Job Segment: Accounting, Procurement, QC, Project Manager, Finance, Operations, Quality, Technology
Apply for Senior Associate, Market Services (PM) #34827
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly