If you are interested in a challenging, rewarding internship with a leading Indiana company,Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting learning opportunity!
Our formal summer internship program offers the best development experience possible:
- Opportunities across the organization that include insurance, technology, marketing, communications and accounting
- An introduction to the company from our executive leadership team
- Real world hands on experiences working with a team of experts
- Job shadowing opportunities across the company tailored to your specific interests
- A mix of students and majors from leading Indiana universities
- An exciting series of “field trips” to gain industry experience
- Interaction with previous intern classes working at the company
- A formal capstone presentation to the executive leadership team
We are looking for an underwriting intern to accept, decline and modify requests for insurance.
Why Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance:
- An iconic Indiana company that has protected Hoosiers since 1934. We are a leader in auto and homeowners insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in the Hoosier state.
- An organization that values work/life balance in a collegial team focused environment.
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our ideal intern can:
- Learns to evaluate risks, new and existing, according to hazards, underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Review information received concerning risks.
- Recommends risk improvements and/or loss control measures.
- Communicate with underwriters to obtain further information regarding quote rates and company underwriting policies.
- Assists underwriting staff in resolving problems and questions.
- Pursuing a four-year college degree in an insurance or related major or minor?
- Interested in Property and Casualty insurance?
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors?
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing?
- Able to practice a high level of confidentiality?
- Willing to gain a working knowledge of PC applications including Microsoft Office products?
- Able to maintain established performance standards of accuracy and quality? Volume, timeliness, and accuracy of work must meet Company goals.
Employer: Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Job Reference: 16-0194
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Salary: Not Specified