- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Elements Property Insurance Company (EPIC) is seeking an experienced candidate for a Territory Manager position located in Central Florida (Orlando area preferred). The Territory Manager will partner with independent agencies, developing strategic relationships and help them create and build their homeowners’ book of business within their territory. The ideal candidate will enjoy the flexibility of working from home, be self-driven and have experience working with agencies specializing in selling personal lines coverage within these areas.
Some of the main functions of the Territory Manager job include:
- Develop marketing and sales plans to achieve territory and company objectives.
- Prospect new agent relationships and grow existing relationships in the assigned territory through agency visits and other forms of communication.
- Develops, implements, and monitors agents’ business plans to increase the sales and profit potential of the agency/company partnership.
- Negotiates service and commission agreements.
- Analyzes agents' volume and underwriting selection to ensure the business has long term profit potential developing recommendations for discussion with agents.
- Tracks agency visits and discussions, with goal of maximizing agency relationships and growth.
- Resolves issues in the field where possible, including limited underwriting of risk. Serves as liaison between the agency and company on issues requiring home office review.
- Partners with Sales/Marketing Team to develop, implement and administer promotional programs.
- Represents EPIC at trade association meetings and other events to promote product and the company.
- Delivers sales presentations to agency staff and at various educational venues.
- Monitors the changing pricing, product and underwriting guidelines of other insurance company competitors in the territory. Give feedback to underwriting teams on product competitiveness and competitor information.
- Keeps abreast of rulings, legal interpretations, and legislation which affect personal lines marketing and underwriting, making recommendations as necessary to attain results.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Three years minimum sales and marketing of insurance products in region.
- Prefer candidates with 2-20 or similar designation.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, as well as listening and interviewing.
- Ability to work independently; self-starter
- Moderate skills in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
As an employer we provide the following:
- Top-rated benefit plans including an employer matched 401k
- Generous allotment of paid time off and holiday pay
- Employer-paid continuing education
- Bonus plan based on performance
- Industry –competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements (including ability to work from home)
Interested candidates can apply online at: http://elements-ins.com/job-application.cfm
Apply for Territory Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly