Claim Representative - Casualty
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Casualty Claim Representative (Commercial GL Team)
Reports to: Casualty Claim Manager
Location: Berkley Southeast Insurance Group Headquarters in Lawrenceville, Georgia
Position Overview: The Casualty Claim Representative position is responsible for the quality handling and resolution of non-litigated claims including commercial general liability claims in a timely and professional manner with emphasis on providing quality service while controlling expenses. This position routinely handles claims involving coverage issues, significant injuries, construction defect claims, contractual liability issues, and other claims that require specialized handling.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Review new losses and appropriately manage claims through coverage analysis, investigation, damages evaluation, reserving and resolution on non-litigated casualty claims.
- Manage third party bodily injury and property damage claims under commercial general liability and business owner policies.
- Establish timely and accurate claim and expense reserves.
- Negotiate and convey claim settlements within authority limits.
- Participate in regional round table meetings as needed.
- Write Reservation of Rights and Coverage Denial letters and other complex correspondence.
- Maintain an effective dairy system and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Manage file inventory to ensure timely resolution of cases.
- Handle files in compliance with state regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of the insured, agent and all other internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree with concentration in law, public administration, business or insurance or equivalent work experience
- 3 + years’ casualty claim experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency, working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of tort and contract law and experience in auditing/reviewing casualty claim files
- Independent adjusters licenses for states of: AL, GA, MS, NC, SC & TN and/or ability to obtain licenses within 90 days of hire