Claim Representative - Workers’ Compensation
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Reports to: Workers’ Compensation Claim Manager
Location: Berkley Southeast Insurance Group Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
Position Overview: The Workers’ Compensation Claim Representative is responsible for quality handling and resolution of complex, workers’ compensation claims in a timely, professional manner with emphasis on providing quality service while controlling expenses. Position routinely handles claims involving complex ReturnTo-Work issues, complex injuries, multi-state exposures and litigated workers’ compensation issues.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Handle high exposure claims from assignment to conclusion. Develop action plans to manage case to early conclusion, work with defense counsel to develop cost efficient approach to the litigation process.
- Review incoming mail daily; respond as needed to bring the claim to a prompt fair conclusion, seeking supervision as needed.
- Prepare large loss reports as needed to include updated action plan. Maintain a current diary on outstanding claims.
- Provide direction and guidance to defense attorneys and other experts while controlling expenses.
- Meet or exceed specific objectives for service standards, quality, reserving standards, expense controls and other measurable performance items.
- Assist Claim management in the training and development of claim staff in those areas that may be assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Claim Representative or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of tort, contract and/or workers’ compensation law.
- Computer proficiency, working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Apply for Claim Representative - Workers’ Compensation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly