Customer Care Specialist (Miami, Florida)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing direct contact with clients and customers to service and retain the account. This can include encouraging the use of other products and services. The client and customer contact is principally done through inbound and outbound calls. Mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail)
may also be used. The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for representing Assurant and the company values to clients and customers. Provide direct contact with clients and customers to service and retain the account.
-Relay accurate and detailed information through inbound and outbound calls from customers that pertain to Hazard Insurance, Mortgage Banking and Property Loss.
-Balance multiple tasks including call handling, loan level review and call documentation within required metrics.
-May provide information and promote the use of additional products and services as needed.
Gather and track information and troubleshoot client/customer inquiries and problems.
-Research/resolve loan level inquires as it relates to inbound/outbound call activity.
-Follow standard policies and procedures for resolving problems and responding to the customer in a timely manner.
-Recognize consistent problem areas and report to higher level for action. Build and maintain effective internal working relationships and support teamwork in meeting company goals.
-Understand how the Customer Care Specialist role fits into the larger organizational context and ensure the smooth handoff of work (incoming and outgoing).
-Communicate status updates and appropriately escalate issues and opportunities to meet the needs of clients and customers.
-Participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities, and adjust priorities as requested.
Note: Overtime and/or Saturday hours may be required.Qualifications
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills including ability to create and edit spreadsheets and emails
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Minimum of one year customer service and/or related work experience or education
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Experience in insurance, banking, finance, mortgage lending or related experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service and listening skills
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Demonstrated ability to work well in team environment and as an individual contributor
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced/high stress environment
- Demonstrated experience in taking initiative to improve work operations and/or enhance client satisfaction
Requisition Number: 46765