Claims Service Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Commercial Claims Customer Service Specialist in Irving,TX!
The Support Function is responsible for assisting claims professionals or a Field office by performing analysis or activities related to customer satisfaction, loss, and expense management, or other claim activity. Support may include clerical data entry, processing claims, medical, and witness report requests, filing paper documents, processing claims payments, and performing word processing. Support also may include obtaining first notice of loss reports from claimant/agent via telephone/fax/mail/internet
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
- Handles claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
- Retrieves, prints and faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Provides back-up for any support functions in the office
- May investigate prior losses and other information on file and orders reports as needed at the direction of adjusters and management
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
- Processes claims payments
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
- Participates in or assists in training new or less experienced employees and demonstrating work processes
- Assists adjusters with more complex claim handling, analyze documentation and settle basic, straight-forward, and routine claims quickly and effic
- High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience in either a customer service professional work environment and/or medical industry, preferred
- CPT certified, preferred, but not required
- Must be availabe to work between the hours of 7am -5:30pm
- Good organization skills with timely follow-up skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Performs routine tasks of basic complexity under general supervision
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Fluency in Spanish and English is especially desirable
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.