Electro-Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift / York
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We are always looking for great talent to fill current/future openings at Assurant.
As an Electromechanical Assembler Trainee and Electromechanical Assembler, you will inspect, refurbish, test and program electronic equipment such as mobile phones in our 60,000 square foot air-conditioned facility. It is a fast paced production environment with productivity requirements and quality standards where you will use hand tools such as tweezers and needle nose pliers and electric screwdrivers to test and repair equipment. You will work independently at your station but will also have the opportunity to work in a friendly, team oriented environment.
The Electromechanical Assembler Trainee and Electromechanical Assembler is an entry-level position. We offer on-the-job training and opportunities to grow into more advanced technical roles such as the Wireless Tech position.
**ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES will be required to complete and pass the Bench Assessment prior to consideration for hire**
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to work overtime and on Saturdays as needed
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Perform repetitive electromechanical assembly using hand and electric tools
- Test, repair and program equipment
- Perform basic soldering and de-soldering using handheld soldering equipment
- Work with care and urgency in order to meet production goals
- Participate in continuous improvement and team building activities
- Refer to and follow Standard Operating Procedures to perform the job duties
- Use a computer to enter data into the company database
- Physically move material as needed
- Perform other duties as assignedQualifications
Required Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Minimum of one year experience working in a manufacturing environment; previous electronic assembly / repair experience a big plus!
- Experience using hand-eye coordination
- Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Requisition Number: 47884