Field Property Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Field Property Claims Adjuster in South Bend/Mishawaka, IN area!
As an Allstate Field Property Claims Adjuster, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people's lives after they've had a loss. Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling complex property damage and liability insurance claims. This individual travels to the loss site to conduct a thorough analysis. This individual reviews the insurance policy, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage and authorizes payments. This individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; participates in determining necessary personal and business unit action plans
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Adheres to applicable compliance standards
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Starting salary: $44,100/yr.
Please note that, since this is a field service position, you will need to have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle. This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel within the territory as much as 75% of your working time. As a result, you must be willing to work some weekend and extended hours if necessary. In addition you must be able to carry and set up a 50lb. ladder, and climb up and down it many times a day.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or Four-year college degree preferred, with a minimum of 3-5 years property estimating experience
- Prior use of Xactimate or any other estimating programs a plus
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Applies broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.