Commercial Underwriter Internship
- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG Commercial Underwriting Internship
Are you detail oriented and find yourself interested in the insurance industry? Do you like being part of a team atmosphere where you contribute to a company's success? If so, we would like you to consider our internship program.
Here at UFG, we have a shared vision built on the dynamic foundation of people, service, profit and growth. We believe this vision is the right approach for our employees, and the smart approach for our business. If you believe in the principles of “people and service” and feel excitement from “profit and growth,” then we encourage you to check out our internship program.
We were just recently selected as one of Iowa's Top Workplaces for 2016. This is an award based solely on employee survey input. And, we were named to Forbes' “America's 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” 2016 list.▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
If you think you'd like to join our team, this is what we hope you can provide and what will you learn from us:
- With your desire to learn about the complex insurance needs of varied industries, we will teach you to use your analytical and decision making skills to find simple solutions for our customers
- The passion to be part of a friendly team that provides hands-on strategic solutions to our customers
- Perform special projects and offer ideas and solutions to collaborate with experienced underwriters in managing their territories
- An understanding of the importance of developing and maintaining excellent relationships with both internal and external customers to earn the win
- With your willingness to jump in and learn the insurance industry, we can teach you about the associated career opportunities that exist
Applicant criteria: The UFG Internship Program is intended for students entering their junior or senior year in college with an interest in the insurance industry. Interns will work from our Cedar Rapids Corporate Headquarters. The schedule is from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday during the summer months of 2017.
Check us out at www.ufginsurance.com. We hope to hear from you soon!▼ Read more