Software QA Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, highly successful private passenger automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are looking for highly-motivated employees that can grow with us. We are currently seeking a talented Software QA Analyst to join our current team.
Joining AACC as an Analyst is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team to enhance your skills and further your career with a growing and successful organization.
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Automates test plans and test cases based on the business requirements, user stories and technical specifications.
- Develop and maintain manual test suites and test cases.
- Executes automated test cases according to documented test plans.
- Documents defects and application enhancements in the defect tracking system (i.e. Jira).
- Assists in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the Development team. Works with software developers and database administrators to troubleshoot test failures in the various test/customer environments.
- Assists with website application testing for different browsers and versions for compatibility (Microsoft IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) as needed.
- Drive improvements in unit testing coverage, develop test suites, expand our automated testing harness, and automate end to end tests
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Collaborate with Business analyst, developers, and system owners in the testing of new and legacy software programs and applications.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 3 years equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Experience with an Automation Test Tool
- Experience with Selenium a plus
- Experience with SQL Server a plus
- Familiar with Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, creative problem-solving and debugging abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in auto insurance companies a plus
Benefits available for full time employees
- Generous paid time off package
- Medical & Dental Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Company paid life insurance