If you are interested in a challenging, rewarding internship with a leading Indiana company,Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting learning opportunity!
Our formal summer internship program offers the best development experience possible:
- Opportunities across the organization that include insurance, technology, marketing, communications and accounting
- An introduction to the company from our executive leadership team
- Real world hands on experiences working with a team of experts
- Job shadowing opportunities across the company tailored to your specific interests
- A mix of students and majors from leading Indiana universities
- An exciting series of “field trips” to gain industry experience
- Interaction with previous intern classes working at the company
- A formal capstone presentation to the executive leadership team
We are looking for an information security intern to assist in identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
Why Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance:
- An iconic Indiana company that has protected Hoosiers since 1934. We are a leader in auto and homeowners insurance and the largest writer of farm insurance in the Hoosier state.
- An organization that values work/life balance in a collegial team focused environment.
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center.
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our ideal intern can:
- Assist in protecting systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations.
- Recommend security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Pursing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems?
- Able to practice at a high level of confidentiality?
- Able to champion information security policies and best-practices?
- Able to learn new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge quickly and efficiently?
- Able to multi-task along with excellent organizational skills to prioritize work/projects and meet multiple deadlines when performing the various tasks of the department and job?
Employer: Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Job Reference: 16-0191
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Salary: Not Specified
Categories: Entry Level