New Business Professional II (NBA2000)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Operating within the core values and operating principles of the organization, processes life and annuity applications ensuring each case is effectively managed to minimize turnaround time and maximize customer satisfaction. Tasks may include reviewing confidential, sensitive, documents for completion and accuracy; ordering medical records and moving the case to completion. This role may also process reinstatements, and conversions.
Process and track new business applications by inputting necessary data for accurate completion. Process life insurance and annuity applications ensuring each case is effectively managed to minimize turn-around time and maximize customer satisfaction.
Generates reports, correspondence and form letters for additional information, document files and follows up according to established procedures.
Reviews and processes new applications for life insurance and annuity products ensuring applications meet technical, legal and underwriting guidelines.
Refers or consults with Senior New Business Professional or other staff as appropriate on more complex applications.
Handles customer inquiries to include agents and members.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills.
- Able to review data/documents for accuracy and consistency' take action to prevent mistakes; follow procedures closely; keep records accurate and up to date.
- Able to interpret situations and information objectively when stressed; remain calm and professional in potentially volatile or emotionally charged interactions; maintain high productivity in stressful situations; maintain high performance in the face of setbacks or rejections; view failures objectively and rebound quickly.
- Able to demonstrate mastery of the technical/functional skills necessary for performing own job.
- Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose the cause of a problem before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develops contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- 1 -2 years' experience in process oriented customer service role.
- High School diploma or equivalent and some college level coursework required
- Strong Computer and Data Entry skills
- Proficient with MS Office software
- Experienced with internet based systems