- Career Level
- Not Specified
Creating Memories of a Lifetime!
'The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page'
The Automobile Club of Southern California is currently looking for energetic, sales driven, dynamic and highly motivated individuals to join our Team! AAA Travel Agents create unique and personalized vacation experiences for our valued AAA members. You will be a part of a highly skilled team of forward thinking travel specialists who are committed to delivering 'Legendary Service' with each member interaction.
A love of travel attracts many people to the field, but to succeed a Travel Agent must be passionate about travel and the endless opportunities it brings to bridge history, cultures and cuisine. Successful Travel Agents must have a strong sales drive, organizational skills with an eye for detail, ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment, demonstrated proficiency in navigating computers and various programs; must possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability and interest to be in a continuous learning curve.
Who is AAA?
As North America's largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides more than 55 million members, across 21 states, with roadside assistance, travel, insurance, financial and automotive related services.
Our brand is synonymous with quality and trust. Our team members are compassionate, helpful, dedicated and driven to providing legendary service to our members.
Make AAA your next career move.
What does a AAA Travel Agent do?
- Sells international and domestic travel packages including cruises, land packages, travel itineraries, air, car, and hotel via the new internet on line channel.
Does this sound like you?
- You possess a high level of integrity
- You are driven by sales and exceeding your goals
- You enjoy the ability to control your compensation
- Travel is not just a hobby or a wish, it's your passion
- You are a creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is your comfort zone
- You are committed to developing your sales skills, knowledge and expertise
- You have the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member
- You are self-motivated and fully committed to building a profitable travel business
- You are an effective communicator both orally and in writing, with solid listening skills
- You are computer savvy with the ability to navigate between multiple systems and web browsers
- You have a strong and very comfortable relationship with paperwork and you are very organized!
What you'll do
Receive incoming travel leads through internet online channel from members shopping in real time.
Interact with members via a first-in-the-industry Member Vacation Portal, an online lead management tool for travel products.
Provide quotes to members live with state of the art technology that provides day-by-day trip details and itineraries.
Provide advice and recommendations to members.
Determine service needs and resolve issues.
Utilizing advanced travel reservation skills including travel counseling, processing reservations, collecting payments, and working with third party vendors to secure reservations and pricing.
Achieve revenue/commission earnings and meet individual performance goals.
Provide Legendary Service with all member interactions and build a positive, memorable relationship with each member.
Health Coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Illness, Holiday and Flex Days)
Pension, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, wellness incentive program
Robust Employee Reward/Discount Program
What you'll bring
High School Diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent certification required.
Two-year college degree or equivalent combination of work and education desired.
A minimum of three years of customer service experience required.
Must have advanced knowledge of appropriate computer systems to fulfill member travel requests.
Previous Auto Club experience in travel industry preferred.
Professional communication skills required, both written and verbal.
General organizational and time management skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel desired.
Applicants should possess proven sales and legendary service results with an exceptional ability to offer expert advice.
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE